Getting an Investor Visa has never been easier. 

Moving into the UK as an Investor

Our world class team is filled with investment specialists and immigration lawyers with over 15 years of experience working at Wailian. 

We have successfully promoted over 70 overseas investment projects to Chinese investors and earned the “Most Trusted Brand” award for 10 consecutive years.


You can apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if:

You must have access to at least £2,000,000 in investment funds to apply.


How long it will take

The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.

ExampleYou can apply from 16 March if you plan to travel on 15 June.

You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.

Find out about paying for a faster decision.


You must pay £1,623 to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa. The fee is the same if you’re extending or switching visas, or if you’re applying as a family member.

Healthcare surcharge

You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.

Get a faster decision on your application

If you’re applying to extend or switch in the UK you can pay an extra £500 for the priority service to get a decision within 5 working days.

Once you’ve got your decision letter, your biometric residence permit will take up to 10 working days to arrive.

How long you can stay

You can come to the UK with a Tier 1 (Investor) visa for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months.

You can apply to extend this visa for another 2 years.

What you can and cannot do

You can:

  • work or study

  • apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £10 million

  • apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5 million

  • apply to settle after 5 years if you invest £2 million

You cannot:

  • work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach

  • get public funds

You also cannot work as a doctor or dentist in training unless one of the following applies:

  • you have a primary degree at bachelors level or above in medicine or dentistry from a UK institution that holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence or is a UK recognised or listed body

  • you worked as a doctor or dentist in training the last time you were in the UK

  • neither of those conditions were part of the terms and conditions on a previous visa

Wailian Education Group Limited is a UK registered company. Company No: 10702664.

Registered Address: 305 Linen Hall,162-168 Regent Street, London, W1B 5TE